Dorothy Kelly Academy of Reflexology Privacy Notice for Courses
Dorothy Kelly Academy of Reflexology treats the privacy of its learners, registrants and website users very seriously and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard your privacy and protect and manage any personal data that you share with us.
How we obtain your personal data: You provide us with personal data from any general enquiry re reflexology training. Data obtained that does not lead to enrolment on the Level 5 Reflexology course or Fertility CPD course (via email, telephone or form submission) will not be kept on a database. Those who register with The Academy of Reflexology, either by the online application form, written application form or over the telephone provide the following information: name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone numbers, gender, employment status, if registered as disabled, ethnicity and academic achievement if applicable.
How we use your personal data: We use your personal data to register you with the Awarding Organisation, Agored Cymru for the qualification certification named: Level Five Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology and with Professional Reflexology for student membership and student insurance. Or for those therapists undertaking the Fertility Reflexology CPD course information is held for the duration of **case studies submission and award of the Fertility Reflexology qualification.
Your information is managed securely at all times to protect your personal data in a manner which is consistent with a duty of professional confidence and abiding with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)* We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage for the period of three years from the start date of the academic year you commence training for the Level 5 course and for one year respectively for the Fertility Reflexology course. **If you submit case studies as part of my reflexology training courses, these will include health related information and in this instance my requirement is to hold this information until I cease to offer training courses or for 8 years after you have attended my course (as required by my insurance), as this information may be required in the event of an insurance claim made in relation to your training. *The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk may be contacted with any GDPR queries.
- All payments are collected either by Stripe, BACS (including Standing Order which are shredded upon completion of fees), PayPal, cash or cheque
- Transaction Data may include details about payments made by yourself for treatments or School fees.
- Your personal data will be stored and be accessible by Dorothy Kelly whilst required
- Your information will not be shared to any third party companies.
- We will only contact you with regards to Therapies/School and associated matters.
We do: use personal data to supply a CRM5 or CRM5 (Dip) Practitioner Register if requested by you on qualification. Or the award of the Certificate of Fertility Reflexology on completion of CPD course requirements.
We do: use personal data to provide a service and inform you of events, changes in regulation and education in a relevant, useful and timely manner.
We do: respect your privacy and work hard to meet strict regulatory requirements
We do not: sell your personal data to any 3rd party
The General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR (May 2018) recognises that technological advances mean that personal data is being collated rapidly and therefore there is a need to protect and to give the user greater control over personal data. The rights of the individual include:
- Right to be informed: Why personal information is needed and how it will be used
- Right of subject access: You can request the personal data held and where it was acquired, the reasons for processing the information and anyone or entity that the information has been shared with
- Right to rectification: You can have any incomplete personal data completed, but please note that if any individual is factually wrong then changing records of personal data will be falsification
- Right to erasure: You shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data if you have withdrawn or completed your qualification or request removal from the Dorothy Kelly Academy of Reflexology and Centralia Practitioner Register within 10 days of the request as applicable.
- Right to restrict processing: You can obtain from us restriction of processing in the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you and will be restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified.
- Centralia no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but it is required by you for legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You will be able to receive your personal data in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit this data to another
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of personal data if there are valid grounds relating to your personal situation
- Rights in relation to automated decision making: Dorothy Kelly Academy of Reflexology does not carry out automated processing